for a private consultation
By Eden Gallery,
Posted Aug 06, 2022 ,
In Art Blog
A storyteller through reinventive art, Jean-Baptiste Launay, better known as Jisbar, is a French pop-street artist. The illustrious artist is famous worldwide for his unique reinterpretation of classical art masterpiece figures with his own personal style. Each artwork is enriched with words, slogans, numbers, and symbols that create a dialogue between the artwork and the audience. Jisbar’s artwork is rich with different messages and angles that give viewers the opportunity to find new interpretations every time they take a look at his work.
Making the impossible possible, is what drives the daring artist. As we celebrate his birthday this year, here are 5 things that you didn't know about Jisbar:
1. First Painting in Space is a project accomplished by Jisbar that paid tribute to Leonardo da Vinci on the 500th anniversary of his death. Jisbar’s punk version of the Mona Lisa was propelled into the void stratosphere 33.4 km above the Earth for over one and a half hours. It took seven months to complete the project because Jisbar wanted to make it eco-responsible. Once everything fell in place and the weather conditions were favorable, “Punk Mona” was launched and the whole performance recorded by drone camera.
2. Jisbar conceived and designed the gear of Fabio Quartararo, the 2021 MotoGP World Champion. The artist made Quartararo’s gloves and boots for the Grand Prix of France, but this year Jisbar was able to make his racing outfit for the whole season. Every detail, every artwork makes Fabio Quartararo's gear even more unique and pushes the collaboration between sport and art even further.
3. Prime Minister of Luxembourg, Kylian Mbappe, Cardi B, Dj Snake, Valentino Rossi, Fabio Quartararo and many others own a Jisbar piece.
4. For close to a decade, Jisbar has worked with brands like BMW, Armani, Gshock, J.M. Weston, Ducati, LG or Belvedere and many more. These brands allowed Jisbar to use his expression to give an artistic dimension to their identity. Each of these collaborations had a huge success with a large media coverage or sold out in a few days.
5. Jisbar’s artwork can now be found in well-known museums in Abu Dhabi, Sweden, USA or in France. The artist introduced his piece “Love is the New Fame” to the President of France in the Parisian museum National Museum for the History of Immigration. Right now, Jisbar’s art can be found in the immersive exhibition named ‘La joconde’ sponsored by The Louvre and le grand palais. This exhibition will take place all around the world for the next 10 years.
Passionate about pushing the limits, challenging himself daily, and embracing his innovative and restless personality is what makes Jisbar such an amazing artist.
Click here to view Jisbar’s latest artworks, or visit your nearest Eden Gallery location today.
100x70 cm | 39x27 in
Share with friends
152x183 cm | 59x72 in
125x205 cm | 49x80 in
140x200 cm | 55x78 in
69x40x27 cm | 27x15x10 in
110x110 cm | 43x43 in
90x109 cm | 35x42 in
44x30x17 cm | 17x11x6 in
25x52x16 cm | 9x20x6 in
Rediscover how the cuddly, sassy animals that we call pets today became so this International Cat Day, while exploring visual memoirs in their honor. Click here to learn more.
This year Eden Gallery honors International Tiger Day by commemorating our artworks dedicated to the beauty of nature and Tigers. Click here to learn more
Dutch artistic duo Kunst Met Een R are coming to Mykonos! Click here to RSVP and learn more about Ruben and Eva's comedic and delicious hand-sculpted works of art.
Missed Alec Monopoly in Mykonos? Click here to learn about the fabulous evening held by Eden Gallery in Mykonos and explore Alec's featured art collection.
Join Alec Monopoly this summer at Eden Gallery Mykonos for an unforgettable evening with the world-renowned graffiti artist. Click here to RSVP
3D artist Gal Yosef gave the guests of Eden Gallery Mykonos a memorable evening filled with art, music, and live performances. Click here to re-live the night with Eden Gallery.
Ivan Mestrovic, following in his relatives footsteps along with his fascination with design and architecture, creates detailed artworks that push the boundaries of physics and conceptualized art. Discover more here.
Artist Joseph creates beautiful artworks consisting of mirrored steel and cut-out messages, using a striking combination of metal work and mixed media abstraction. Click here to learn more.
With his upcoming event in Eden Gallery Mykonos this month, learn more about Gal Yosef and his journey to success here.
Subscribe for Exclusive Updates
Be the first to receive information about new collections, new artists, and event invitations.